Before applying for the festival please read the following information!
In order for us to process your application, you need to fill in the Application Form and submit US$100 nonrefundable application fee (US$150 after May 20, 2019).
Upon your acceptance you will need to pay the tuition fees. Following acceptance, provide your performance repertoire using the online Performance Repertoire Form by May 20, 2019. We accept NO changes of your performance repertoire after this date. You won’t be able to participate in the festival performances if you have not submitted your performance repertoire by the deadline.
Profile of MISA Participants:
- Advanced pianists, violinists, clarinetists, conductors, composer students and professional composers.
- Age limit: 28
- Course language: English, Russian, Georgian
Documents to be submitted: (all documents can be submitted online except the scores)
- Application form (online)
- Your recent photo (head-shot) in jpg format (max. 1MB). You will have an option to resize and crop the photo to adjust it to the size of a badge.
- A scan of your passport (page with your date of birth) in jpg format (max. 2MB). Make sure your data on the scan is readable.
- Curriculum vitae in English in tabular format (max. 1 page)
- For participants of Music International Summer Academy upload a video recording of your performance (2 pieces different styles with at least 15 min. total duration) to YouTube or another storage site. You will be prompted to provide the internet link. Please, check the link and quality of your recording in advance. Your videos MUST be available online until July 29, 2019.
- For composer participants: Two or three solo, chamber music or small ensemble works (Please uploads the score as PDF online and send one printed copy to the following address (no CDs):
GEORGIAN INTERNATIONAL YOUTH MUSICIONS ASSOCIATION, Pasteri 2/Agmashenebeli 144, Tbilisi, Georgia 0102);
Tuition & Fees
- Application fee for the Competitors: $50 (nonrefundable)
- Late application fee (after May 20, 2018): $100 (nonrefundable)
Doesn’t includes participation in Academy, only Competition!
- Application fee for the Academy participants: $100 (nonrefundable)
- Late application fee (after May 20, 2018): $150 (nonrefundable)
- Tuition incl. accommodation category A: $3000
- Tuition incl. accommodation category B: $2800
- Festival package for family member/ spouse incl. accommodation category A: $2000
- Festival package for family member/ spouse incl. accommodation category B: $1500
- Chamber music coaching (except conducting students)
- Master classes
- Privat lessons
- Accommodation at a hotel (categories A or B)
- Full board (3 meals a day) except on excursion days
- Shuffle transfer from the airports Tbilisi and Batumi to the Hotel, on July 1 and back on July 30, 2019
We accept payment of application and competition fees by certified check or money order from a US bank, Western Union. Payments must be in US$, made payable to:
Bank of Georgia, SWIFT: BAGAGE22
29a Gagarin street, Tbilisi 0160, Georgia
Beneficiary: GEORGIAN INTERNATIONAL YOUTH MUSICIONS ASSOCIATION
Tuition fees and festival packages may be paid ONLY by certified check or money order from a US bank, wire transfer or Western Union. For information on wiring your payments or Western Union transfer contact email@example.com
Submit only pieces that will be well prepared for the public performances at the festival. The admission committee will select participants to perform a part of their submitted repertoire in festival recitals.
- Solo pieces shall be memorized.
- Piano concertos may not be a part of your performance repertoire.
- No repertoire changes will be accepted after May 20, 2019!
- You may study additional repertoire in your private lessons.
- We will make every effort to consider your chamber music preferences.
Depending on your citizenship you may need a visa for Georgia to attend the festival. Please, check the website of the Georgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for details or contact your local Georgian consulate for visa requirements. American and European citizens do not require a visa if they stay in Georgia for less than 90 days! If your local Georgian consulate requires additional documentation besides an invitation letter, please inform us in advance so we can assist you with your visa application.
We require participants to stay at the Music International Summer Academy location for the whole period of the festival, which first part will be held in Tbilisi and the second - in
Batumi. If your travel arrangements do not allow you to use the festival shuttle bus from Tbilisi and to Batumi airports on July 1th and 30th, 2019, respectively, you will be responsible for your travel (including travel costs) to/from the festival location.
Cancellations made by written request and received prior to May 10, 2019 will be entitled to a full refund of tuition (less $15 processing fee). Cancellations made after May 10, 2019 are not entitled to a refund.
A limited number of scholarships/ partial scholarships are available to qualified students. If you are interested in applying, you must send a letter requesting a scholarship to www.misa.ge. You need to submit your online application before applying for a scholarship. Only scholarship requests received in writing by May 10, 2019 will be considered.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of video recording evaluation.
All Music International Summer Academy and Festival participants are required to have medical insurance coverage valid in Georgia for the period from July 1 to July 30, 2019.
Meals & Accommodation
Festival participants live in nice and cozy hotels, apartments, and bed-and-breakfasts. Participating students share a room. Accommodation category A has a higher rating than category B. There is a limited availability for accommodation A, and room assignments will not be given until tuition has been received by the festival.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided daily except on the excursion days. The costs for lunch and/or dinner during the excursions are not included in the tuition or festival package. If you stay in Hotel on excursion days, you will find a variety of restaurants and pizzerias in the town.
Do I need a visa to attend the festival?
Depending on your citizenship you may need a visa for Georgia to attend the festival. Please check the website of the Georgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for details and contact your local Italian consulate. American and European citizens do not require a visa if they stay in Georgia for less than 90 days.
There is no age limit for participants. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or designated guardian
Information for an accompanying person
For family members and/or spouses accompanying festival participants we offer a Family Package. The Family Package includes accommodation (sharing a room with your child/spouse), full board (except on excursion days), bus transportation from and to the airports Tbilisi and Batumi, respectively, on July 1 and July 31, 2019 (for departure times see Travel Information), bus transportation to concerts (if outside of Tbilisi and Batumi), participation in excursions and sport activity. In addition to this, you may attend all festival concerts as well as private lessons, chamber music coaching and master classes of your child/spouse. The Family Package price is $2000 (incl. accommodation category A) and $1500 (incl. accommodation cat. B). Category A has a higher star rating then B. There is a limited availability for accommodation A, and room assignments will not be given until tuition has been received by the festival.
Fill in the Accompanying Person Application and submit it together with your child/spouse application. You need to make your Family Package payment to “GEORGIAN INTERNATIONAL YOUTH MUSICIANS ASSOCIATION” by June 10, 2019.
The accommodation category of your Family Package must be the same as the person’s you are accompanying.
If you would like to do some volunteer work at the festival, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions, please, contact: (+995) 599-611-982 - Organization committee